A common issue V-Ray users may encounter is a failure when activating their V-Ray license in SketchUp Studio. This happens when a user previously installed V-Ray on their device using a different email than the one they use for their SketchUp subscription.
If you experience this error, you'll need to sign out and uninstall the Chaos license server on your device by following these steps:
- Open your Trimble Account Management Portal (if you need help getting there, use this link). If you have more than one account, choose the appropriate account and click Members.
- Open the context menu () next to the user's name and select Modify Product Access.
- In the list of products, deselect SketchUp Studio. Click Save Product Access.
- Wait around 5 minutes and select Modify Product Access again for that same user. Select SketchUp Studio and click Save Product Access.
- Open your preferred web browser and navigate to
http://localhost:30304to open the Chaos License Server.
- Click Online Licensing at the top of the page and click Sign Out.
- Navigate to https://accounts.chaosgroup.com/trimble/login and click Continue with Trimble and sign in using your Trimble ID.
- Return to SketchUp and sign out of your account.
- Immediately sign back into SketchUp. Your V-Ray license is now activated in SketchUp Studio!
If this didn't solve the issue, follow these steps:
- Uninstall the Chaos License Server.
- Open your File Explorer and navigate to Program files\Common files\ChaosGroup.
- Delete the folder named "ssl".
- Download the Chaos License Server here.
- Install the Chaos License Server. During installation choose Customize and uncheck "Activate during installation."
- Choose Ignore for any error messages during installation.
- Once installation is complete, open
http://localhost.30304in your web browser.
- Sign in using your Trimble ID.
- Activate online licensing with your account.
Still having some problems? Please contact our support team and we will do our best to get things up and running.