Commenting is the backbone of the Community — it’s a communication channel that gives 3D Warehouse users the ability to support and learn from one another.
Here are some things you might want to know about 3D Warehouse’s commenting features:
- To comment, you’ll need to be signed in to your Google Account on 3D Warehouse.
- You can add a new comment, reply to an existing one, and even edit or delete your own comments.
- Comments are enabled for every model by default. If you’d prefer, you can easily disable commenting for any of your models while in Edit mode on the model details page (see Fig. 1):
Fig 1. You can enable or disable comments for any of the models you’ve published on 3D Warehouse.
- 3D Warehouse’s email notification system will help you stay up to date on conversations. You can manage notification preferences via your Edit Profile page (see Fig. 2). To learn more about managing your notification preferences, please read Managing Your 3D Warehouse Notification Preferences.
Fig 2. You can receive email notifications when other users comment on your models, or reply to your comments.
- You’ll notice a flag icon alongside all comments. If you find that a comment is offensive or abusive, (as shown in Fig. 3) click the Flag icon to alert our community moderators. Flagged comments will automatically appear in the state shown in Fig. 4 below until they’re reviewed:
Fig 3. Click the flag icon to mark a comment as abusive.
Fig 4. This is what a comment will look like once it’s been flagged.
Comment threads usually benefit from a degree of decorum. We hope you’ll engage in discussions that make 3D Warehouse an interesting and helpful place – and avoid those conversations that do not.