With SketchUp Subscriptions, your authorization is tied to your Trimble ID. To authorize SketchUp you’ll install the latest version then on first run you’ll be prompted to sign in. Once you’ve signed in, SketchUp will sync with our subscription servers and activate the software. If you don’t have an active subscription you’ll have an option for the free trial if you haven’t already taken it, otherwise you’ll need to purchase a subscription or a classic license to continue.
In the following video, you can see how to authenticate your license for the selected version of SketchUp Pro.
Authorizing SketchUp Pro 2019 with a Classic License
Authorizing SketchUp Pro 2019 with a Subscription
If you’re using an older version of SketchUp or using a SketchUp Classic License you can follow the steps below:
- If you haven't downloaded and installed SketchUp Pro, please do so.
- Open the Finder and click on Applications.
- Browse to the SketchUp # folder.
- Click on the SketchUp icon.
- When the Welcome window opens, click the Add Classic License button.
- In the License dialog box, click the Add License button.
- Open the license confirmation email that you received shortly after purchasing your license.
- Copy and paste your User Name, Serial Number, and Key into the dialog box.
- Click OK.